by Peggy Dwyer, Marketing
Key fobs retail from $8-$12 dollars, depending on your area. They’re great for add-on sales for schools, teams, events, and giveaways.
Tools Needed for Key Fob Personalization:
- Fabric Key Fob
- Heat Press
- Non-stick Cover Sheet
How to Select the Key Fob:
- Fabric key fobs come in a wide variety of colors/prints and sizes. Find a large selection online, or checking auction sites, such as E-bay for wholesale items.
- For easier application, find key fobs at least 1.5″ wide.
- The print space is in between the seams, which on this fob, would be 1″ so you will want the image or text to be smaller than 1″.
Time to Heat Press:
- Line up the design/text between the seams.
- Hang the metal portion of the key fob off of the platen. This ensures you:
a. don’t scratch the surface of the upper platen
b. will have better pressure for heat application
c. won’t burn your hand on heated metal.
- Cover the design/text with a non-stick cover sheet and heat apply according to the application instructions of the heat transfer material you’re working with.
- Remove the cover sheet and peel the carrier off the design/text.