by Danielle Petroskey, Marketing
On the first shirt of Christmas, we printed a Santa, did you get my text? Screen Printed Transfer
On the second shirt of Christmas, we printed North Pole Plaid Text with Light String
We love Santa and everything else about the North Pole! Which is why we were so excited about finding this website aptly called Northpole.com. You can learn all about the goings on at Santa’s workshop, play games at the Elf Clubhouse, find recipes in Mrs. Claus’ kitchen, check out the weather station, read about adventures at the Reindeer barn, and more!
For your customers who are all about supporting Team North Pole, this billboard crew shirt is for them! The bonus of this fan wear piece is that it was created with sublimated SimStitch®. Santa’s elves love it because they can achieve the look of sewn appliqué without sewing a stitch! (They love saving time on creating these, so they have more time to participate in reindeer games).
While there are six pattern design choices and over one hundred color options, our elves decided to go with some traditional colors for the holiday. To jazz the shirt up a bit, they decided to add some fun festive sparkle with the string of lights.
Here’s how they created this one:
Design: North Pole
Product: Sublimated Sim-Stitch® Any Word. Any Way. ™
Colors: Red, Black, and White
Font: Marker (block style) – all uppercase letters
Design: String of lights:
Product: Custom CAD-CUT® Design
Heat Transfer Materials/Colors: Fashion-FILM® in Matte Apple Green (string)
Glitter Flake™ in Red (lights)
**Note these two designs will need to be applied separately – see application instructions below.
Garment: Billboard crew shirt (aka spirit shirt)
Heat Press Application Instructions:
1. Lay out the individual Sublimated SimStitch letters on the arc or straight lines on the lettering layout guide as desired.
2. Cover the letters with the high tack Magic Mask® strips (included with the lettering layout guide); this will act as a carrier for transferring your lettering to the garment.
Tip: If you haven’t used your heat press for a while, preheat the bottom pad/platen by lowering the top platen for 60 seconds.
3. Insert a heat printing pillow inside the garment- this will help create even pressure when applying to garments with heavy seams.
4. Preheat your garment for 10 seconds; this helps remove moisture and wrinkles
5. Position the letters on the garment, adhesive side down
6. Cover with a non-stick cover sheet, making sure all designs/lettering are covered
Tip: Position the garment so that it is laying across the widest part of the platen, so all of the design will be covered in heat at the same time.
7. Heat apply for 20 seconds
8. Position the Custom CAD-CUT Design on the garment, adhesive side down
9. Cover with a non-stick cover sheet, making sure all designs/lettering are covered
10. Heat apply for 20 seconds
11. Peel HOT
Tip: For best results, peel clear carrier diagonally from one corner to other in a fluid motion.
Bonus Tip: The elves found this video helpful when creating these oversized shirts.
One thought on “12 Shirts: The Polar Expression”