by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
|Monogramming with CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials is a great way to create personalized wedding gifts.|
Recently my boyfriend’s cousin got engaged and I wanted to put my heat printing skills to the test and make the happy couple a personalized gift. I wanted to make them something that looked professionally made and of high quality. I did some research on the Internet and found these personalization ideas:
– Hand Towels: These can be fun or fancy. Use simple hand towels for in the kitchen with their last name, “Chef Smith”, or something fun like, “Kiss the Chef”. You could choose a fancier towel and heat print their monogram on it. Stahls’ Any Word. Any Way.™ would be perfect if you’re looking for a heavy-duty product for a bathroom towel.
– Pillows: There are many pillow ideas on Pinterest and other websites. You can decorate pillowcases that say “Mrs. Smith” for her pillow and “Mr. Smith” for his. You can also do a nicer pillow for their living area with “Mr. & Mrs. Smith Est. 2014” or other fun ones is their monogram in a light color with their names and their wedding date in a darker color over it.
– Getaway Basket: If the couple is going somewhere warm for their honeymoon you could personalize a basket full of things for them.
- Towels with “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith”
- Personalize koozies with their monogram and the date of their wedding
- A fabric beach bag with their monogram or their last name
- Fun couples T-shirts like “Just Married,” “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith,” “I’m with my new wife” and “I’m with my new husband” T-shirts with arrows
- Get some fun sunglasses and place “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” down the sides of them or the date of their wedding. CAD-PRINTZ® full color digital decals would be perfect for this.
- Decorate flip flops for the couple to wear when they are walking on the beach
– Blanket: Use a plush blanket or nice quilt and embroider or heat press the last name on the corner of it with their wedding date. The couple can use this blanket as a decoration or curl up in it together.
– Luggage Tags: Put their names: “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” on luggage tags. It’s a small gift that you can add to your gift and can be used as the gift tag as well the tag on their luggage for their honeymoon.
– Aprons: If the couples likes to cook together you could personalize aprons for each of them, such as “Mr. Right” and “Mrs. Always Right”
These are only a few of the ideas that I have found, I’m sure there are plenty more out there. Not only could you do some of these ideas for a wedding but you could also make them for birthdays and other events. Stay tuned for some more heat printing ideas!