Add Unique Glitter Designs to Faux Leather Accessories
When determining if heat transfer vinyl is the right choice for your job, there are a few things to consider. How many garments or accessories are you applying? How many colors are in the design? If you’re still stumped, use this downloadable PDF as a reference of what to use when.
If you missed the Making It Together live that aired on April 30, Josh went beyond decorating traditional apparel and pushed the limits of heat printing to give you something new and unique to offer your customers.
Working with HTV allows you to decorate areas of a garment or accessory not possible with other decorating methods. You can cut fine details, print over seams and raised areas, and decorate many fabric types. Follow these simple steps to easily recreate a faux clutch perfect for holiday gifts, bridal parties, and so much more!
“Create a look that can’t be emulated as easy by your competition. What you can make with a heat press is a big deal, but also where you can place logos and how you can place logos.”Josh Ellsworth
Product Used: CAD-CUT® Glitter Flake™ Heat Transfer Vinyl
What You Need:
- CAD-CUT® Glitter Flake HTV
- Faux Leather Striped Clutch
- Flexible Application Pad
- Heat Press
- Print Perfect Pad
How To Apply:
- Preheat press to 300°F
- Measure and trim excess HTV so design fits within leather area
- Insert Print Perfect Pad into clutch and position under print area
- Position Glitter Flake™ design onto leather area and cover with Flexible Application Pad — tack for a few seconds and remove clear carrier
- Cover again with pad and press for full application – Time: 25 sec, Pressure: Medium, Peel: Hot. Because pad was used, time was increased by 10 seconds.
Watch as Josh takes you through heat applying a hard-to-decorate area with ease.