Hockey is a fast, aggressive sport and requires finesse. The same can be said with the products you apply with your heat press when decorating hockey jerseys…well maybe not the finesse part. The materials that you select to apply will need to be able to withstand the rigors of hockey.
The MVP Materials for Hockey Uniforms:
Thermo-FILM® – #1 athletic material in the world, abrasion resistant, available in popular team colors, quick & easy application, will outlast the life of the garment.
Poly-TWILL™ – requires to be sewn, provides professional look, durable/permanent decoration, choose from over 50 colors.
SimStitch® – permanent application with just a heat press, no sewing, simulated zigzag stitch Perma-TWILL® material, saves stitches and time.
Hockey Jersey Decorating Options:
Hockey numbers are typically large block or bold styles that are personalized on the back and sleeves of the jersey. Fans will be able to easily identify their favorite player while on the ice. In some cases, a front number can be applied depending on the look the team wants. Varsity or Pro Block number styles are popular choices for hockey. If you are looking for unique Pre-Cut number styles for hockey, Drive, Rogue, and High Octane are some popular choices. Additionally, full-color numbers are available in CAD-PRINTZ® Perma-TWILL® which can be ordered using CAD-PRINTZ® Full Color Digital Transfer Number Effects. This provides you with a single-layer heat application with multi-color fills and effects and can be sewn for a professional look.
Team Front Crest
Hockey teams generally have a team crest/logo on the front of the jersey. CAD-PRINTZ® Perma-TWILL® which is a premium no-sew fabric material is a great option for this decoration. For an additional effect or finished look the crest can be embroidered around the perimeter or detail stitching can be added within the logo design.
Go on a Power Play with Cost Effectiveness
If your customer requests a two-color twill number on a hockey jersey, offer them the option of Thermo-FILM® on Poly-TWILL™. This is a low-cost option for your customers, and saves you stitches and time while providing the two-color look they need. This combination provides the professional look of sewn twill, with the durability of Thermo-FILM®.
For an additional time and cost savings, Thermo-FILM® on SimStitch® can also be used to achieve this look. SimStitch® requires no sewing and provides the look of sewn twill as it has a simulated zigzag stitch along the edges. Applies with just a heat press.
Top Reasons for Jumping on the Ice with Hockey Uniforms
Hockey has over 555,000 registered players in the US and is a team sport that has increased growth by 10%.
Hockey ranks 2nd in average annual spending of families with children ages 8-18 who play organized sports (highest to lowest). This would include fees for tournaments, club/organizations, equipment, uniforms, practice time, and camps/clinics.
- Lacrosse $7,956
- Hockey $7,013
- Baseball/Softball $4,044
- Football $2,739
- Soccer $1,472
- Basketball $1,143
Check out our How to Decorate section for size recommendations and uniform number regulations for decorating hockey uniforms from head to toe. For more information, popular number styles, and guidance on pricing uniforms download The Ultimate Guide To Sports Decorating Pricing.
Helpful Products When Decorating Hockey Uniforms
- Pre-Cut Numbers – Cost Effective, Available in Team Sets, On Demand Personalization
- Pre-Spaced Text – Time Saver, Pre-Aligned Text Ready to Apply, Easy Team Roster Upload for Ordering
- Pre-Spaced Numbers – Time Saver, Unique Number Style Details, Pre-Aligned Single or Double- Digit Numbers
- CAD-PRINTZ® Full-Color Number Effects – single layer application, variety of colors, fill effects, pre-aligned, no per color fee
- Cover Sheets – Protect Your Upper Platen and Jerseys
- Heat Printing Pillows – insert into the jersey to provide an even application surface, when applying near heavy seams
- Custom CAD-CUT® Logos or Graphic – your logo assembled on a carrier to make placement and heat application quick and easy
- Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector – protects the lower platen of your heat press, easy on/off of garments when dressing the platen, easily spin jersey from front to back without taking it off the heat press
- Double Sleeve/Leg Platen – allows you to print onto both sleeves in one application