Hockey is a fast, aggressive sport that requires finesse. The same can be said with the products you apply with your heat press when decorating hockey jerseys. The materials that you select to apply will need to be able to withstand the abuse.
The MVP Materials for Hockey Uniforms:
Thermo-FILM® – #1 athletic material in the world, abrasion resistant, available in popular colors, easy application, will outlast the life of the garment.
Poly-TWILL™ – must be sewn, provides a professional look, permanent decoration, choose from over 50 colors.
SimStitch® – permanent application with just a heat press, no sewing, simulated zigzag stitch Perma-TWILL® material, saves stitches and time.
Hockey Jersey Decorating Options:
Hockey numbers are typically large block styles on the back and sleeves of the jersey. Fans will be able to easily identify their favorite player while on the ice. In some cases, a front number can be applied depending on the look the team wants. Varsity or Pro Block number styles are popular choices for hockey. If you are looking for unique Pre-Cut number styles for hockey, Drive, Rogue, and High Octane are some popular choices. Additionally, full-color numbers are available in CAD-PRINTZ® Perma-TWILL® which can be ordered using CAD-PRINTZ® Full Color Digital Transfer Number Effects. This provides you with a single-layer heat application with multi-color fills and effects. It can easily be sewn for a professional look.
Team Front Crest
Hockey teams generally have a team crest/logo on the front of the jersey. CAD-PRINTZ® Perma-TWILL® is a great option for this decoration. For an additional effect, the crest can be embroidered around the perimeter. Detail stitching can also be added within the logo design.
Go on a Power Play with Cost Effectiveness
If your customer requests a two-color twill number on a hockey jersey, offer them the option of Thermo-FILM® on Poly-TWILL™. This is a low-cost option for your customers. It saves you stitches and time, all while providing the two-color look they need. This combination provides the professional look of sewn twill with the durability of Thermo-FILM®.
For additional savings, Thermo-FILM® on SimStitch® can also be used to achieve this look. SimStitch® requires no sewing. It still provides the look of sewn twill as it has a simulated zigzag stitch along the edges. Applies with just a heat press.
Top Reasons for Jumping on the Ice with Hockey Uniforms
Hockey has over 555,000 registered players in the US. It’s a team sport that has increased growth by 10%.
Hockey ranks 2nd in average annual spending of families with children ages 8-18 who play organized sports. This would include fees for tournaments, club/organizations, equipment, uniforms, practice time, and camps/clinics.
- Lacrosse $7,956
- Hockey $7,013
- Baseball/Softball $4,044
- Football $2,739
- Soccer $1,472
- Basketball $1,143
Helpful Products When Decorating Hockey Uniforms
- Pre-Cut Numbers – Cost-effective, available in team sets, 0n demand personalization
- Pre-Spaced Text – Time-saver, pre-aligned text ready to apply, easily upload the team roster
- Pre-Spaced Numbers – Time-saver, unique number style details, pre-aligned single or double-digit numbers
- CAD-PRINTZ® Full-Color Number Effects – Single layer application, a variety of colors, fill effects, pre-aligned, no per color fee
- Cover Sheets – Protect your upper platen and jerseys
- Heat Printing Pillows – Insert into the jersey to provide an even application surface, when applying near heavy seams
- Custom CAD-CUT® Logos or Graphic – Your logo assembled on a carrier to make placement and heat application quick and easy
- Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector – Protects the lower platen of your heat press, easy on/off of garments when dressing the platen, easily spin jersey from front to back without taking it off the heat press
- Double Sleeve/Leg Platen – Allows you to print onto both sleeves in one application