by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
School has begun and walking around campus you can see what organizations or groups each person is a part of. Colleges offer many opportunities for the heat printing market. School organizations, clubs, and sports teams are constantly wanting more awesome spirit wear to make them stand out, and heat transfer material and a vinyl cutter are a great way to give them what they need.
School organizations and clubs are also wearing their spirit wear in hopes of getting more students involved. Many of these organizations and groups are wearing T-shirts and polo shirts that have their associations’ names on them.
Student athletes are given large amounts of spirit wear and you can see them wearing T-shirts, sweatpants, and workout apparel. Colleges are proud of their athletics and our school store sells spirit wear for every sport. The spirit wear sold at our school store is different then what the members of the team get; it is less personalized and consists mostly of T-shirts and sweatshirts.
Although there are different reasons for everyone’s choices in what they wear, there are a lot of similarities in where designs are located on garments:
• Left chest locations are very popular, especially if there is a pocket on the left chest. They can be as simple as a monogram or “WMU”. To go with the left chest location it is really popular to have something big on the back of the shirt.
• A lot of girls wear leggings around campus and there are multiple locations that you can decorate with a heat press: Down the calf (as seen in the picture above), top of the back of the leggings in the center, or on the right hip on the top.
• Spirit Jerseys are also becoming extremely popular. Every sorority on campus has its own color. The school store is also selling “Western Michigan University” ones as well.
• Two other popular fads I have seen are words going down the spine on a tight-fitted shirt as well as horizontal across the back at the bottom of tight-fitted shirts.
• Tank tops are popular with both boys and girls. Most people wear ones that are not fitted but are loose, they usually have something large on the front, or a small left chest logo.
As you can see, no matter the organization, there are plenty of opportunities for heat printing on campus.
Editor’s note: Please be aware that vendors who fulfill orders bearing any fraternal organizations’ marks must be licensed.