by Bella B., Web Marketing Intern
|Order heat transfer material swatches to see the exact colors available.|
Do you know the importance of the colors you select for your brand and for your garments? I did some research and found that certain colors trigger certain feelings and affect judgment. One particular article on examined the use of colors in logos and how it affects people’s opinions.
Brand personality is important and one of the best ways to get it across to your potential customers is through the color of your logo. Children as young as 8 years old are able to name logos of companies without even knowing what the companies do just because they recognize the logo and its colors. Each color triggers psychological feelings when being seen:
- Yellow: Optimism, Clarity, Warmth
- Orange: Friendly, Cheerful, Confidence
- Red: Excitement, Bold, Youthful
- Purple: Creative, Wise, Imaginative
- Blue: Trust, Dependability, Strength
- Green: Peaceful, Growth, Health
- White: Balance, Neutral, Calm
For instance, Stahls’ logo is blue. When you see this logo we want you to feel loyalty, strength, dependability, and recognize us for this as a company. Other examples include Apple – white, UPS -yellow, and Hallmark – purple.
When choosing colors for your garments that target a particular gender it is important to keep these tips in mind:
• Males are attracted mostly to Blue, Green, and Black.
• Males prefer bold colors and darker-tinted colors.
• Females are attracted mostly to Blue, Purple, and Pink.
• Females prefer softer colors and lighter shades.
So, keep your audience and colors that will appeal to them in mind when choosing your company logo, garments, and designs.