Create Premium Looks with 3-Color Heat Transfer Vinyl Designs
If you tuned in to the Making it Together educational session on May 13, you saw Josh Ellsworth create a complicated 3-color mixed-media design using two of our most popular heat transfer vinyl.
Using STAHLS’ CadworxLIVE® free online design software, he walks you through setting up the custom design using a new editable templates and how to properly layer and apply it on your garment. If you’re not familiar with this online program or need a refresher, watch this in-depth video on how to get started.
Creating a design from start to finish may seem like a daunting task, but with the right education and practice, it’s possible. Get ready to become a mixed-media pro and start seeing the positive reactions from your customers immediately.
What You Need:
- CadworxLIVE® account
- CAD-CUT® UltraWeed™ HTV in Navy & Bright Red
- CAD-CUT® Flock II HTV in Yellow
- Vinyl cutter with compatible software
- Hoodie (Pennant 8218) or garment of choice
- Cover sheet
How To Apply:
- Customize template in CadworxLIVE®
- Send each layer to vinyl cutter and cut in corresponding material and color
- Weed away excess material
- Preheat press to 300°F and thread garment onto lower platen
- Center Navy UltraWeed™ design face down and tack for 2 seconds, remove carrier
- Line up Bright Red UltraWeed™ design and tack for 2 seconds, remove carrier
- Layer final Flock II design, cover and press for full application – Time: 15 sec, Pressure: Medium, Peel: Cold
For a full tutorial on how to get this look, watch the video below.