by Debra Romalia, Digital Marketing Director
Here are 5 tips to help you personalize shirts and jerseys:
1. If you don’t have a particular letter, be creative with what you have. (Then remember to re-order pre-cut packs to keep your letters stocked).
2. Change out the lower platen of the heat press to fit the size of your garment.
3. Always use a Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector – it makes it easy to dress garments on your heat press.
4. Line up the letters and use Thermo Tape or pre-mask tape to keep them together when heat pressing. You’ll thank me for it.
5. Make sure the name is centered on the T-shirt before pulling the handle down on the heat press. Even the pros make mistakes sometimes.
Bonus Tip: Always take a picture of the final product and use it to market your business. I had 5 other moms at soccer ask me how I put a name on the back.
What are your tips for the beginners? Share your ideas with us here, on Twitter, or on Facebook.
One thought on “5 Heat Printing Tips for Beginners”
Thanks for these tips for personalizing T-shirts. I liked your tip for using tape to keep letters together when heat pressing. When I was thinking over how I would print a shirt, I was worried about keeping my letters together evenly. Using tape seems like a great way to make sure that they’re all evenly aligned.