The fall busy season is fast approaching. Here are some vinyl cutting tips/reminders to help you have a successful and profitable season. Try to work these tasks into your monthly routine. It will save you time and money in the long run.
Below are only a few tips, you’ll find more information and videos on stahls.com.
- Keep your work space clean. Use a vacuum to suck up dust and/or frequently wipe your cutter down with a damp rag. Dust and debris can interfere with the motor, get stuck on material, collect in the blade holder or interfere with the pinch rollers.
- Change your blades. Make sure you are using the appropriate cutter blade and replace it once you start experiencing poor performance. Depending on the cutting frequency, consider changing the blade once a month.
- Cutter strips don’t last forever. Cutter protection strips are an essential accessory to achieve consistent cuts every time. The small investment in replacing them will save you money in the long run with error-free work.
- Update cutter guidelines and application instructions. Take time to make sure you have the right cutting guidelines. Post a settings chart on the wall and train operators on the importance of making adjustments whenever they change out materials.
- Repeat after me: Test Cut. This takes a few minutes and only utilizes a couple square inches of material. It will save you time, money and frustration.