Did you know you can sublimate with just your heat press and transfers? You don’t need to invest in additional equipment. STAHLS’ offers patterned sublimation printed transfers sheets. Choose from our popular colorways or customize a pattern, then STAHLS’ will print the pattern on 14″ x 20″ sheets.
The Basics of Sublimation
- Sublimation transfers can be used on white 100% polyester fabrics only and hard goods.
- Sublimation inks are used to print onto a transfer sheet.
- When applied, the ink will adhere to the fibers of the fabric.
- Not all 100% polyester substrates are created equal — be selective when choosing.
- The pattern you see on the paper will not be as bright as when you transfer it to a substrate.
What You Need:
How to Sublimate a Koozie:
- Place koozie on the heat press.
- Place the sublimation pattern sheet on top of the koozie. The pattern should be facing down — make sure it’s straight.
- Press the first side – Time: 40 seconds, Temp: 385°F, Pressure: Medium/Firm.
- Gently open the press to avoid ghosting.
- Repeat steps for the second side of the koozie.
Adding HTV to Sublimated Koozies
Before heat pressing the sublimated koozies, make sure to put a cover sheet or paper on your bottom platen and use a cover sheet on top of the HTV. Press the transfers according to the application instructions. Watch the video to see how easy it is.
4 thoughts on “How-To: Pattern Sublimation Transfer Sheets”
What was the source of the zoozies?
The koozies are from Coastal Business Supply – link