For a game played on the gridiron, you will want to make sure you have the toughest player on the field. The name of that player is Thermo-FILM®. Get a plan for the materials and styles you will use to heat press football uniforms. As always, you will want to follow uniform regulations.
Football uniforms provide extra decorating areas when compared to other sports. When it comes to football jerseys, you have front, back, and shoulder numbers. The number styles for football are large so they can be seen from the stands, and so officials can identify the player’s position. Varsity is a classic Pre-Cut number style and remains a top selection for football uniforms. Other Pre-Cut number styles that we suggest for football are Arena and Gridiron. Varsity Lite helps when applying to a smaller decorating area on some of today’s football jersey styles.
Pre-Spaced foreground numbers can be combined with Pre-Cut number backgrounds to produce a unique number style. For example, Varsity Fade Pre-Spaced number foreground can be applied to a Varsity Pre-Cut number background. Learn more on this Team Effort technique:
- Thermo-FILM® –
- #1 athletic material in the world
- Available in popular team colors
- Quick and easy application
- Outlasts the life of the garment.
- Poly-TWILL™ –
- Must be sewn
- Provides a professional look
- Durable decoration
- Choose from over 50 colors
- SimStitch® –
- Permanent application with just a heat press
- No sewing
- Simulated zigzag stitch Perma-TWILL® material
- Saves stitches and time
Here are some stats to get you in the game:
Football is the top participated sport in the US, with more than 1 million high school players and over a million others in youth leagues.
Football ranks 4th in average annual spending of families with children ages 8-18 who play organized sports (highest to lowest). This includes fees for tournaments, club/organizations, equipment, uniforms, practice time, and camps/clinics.
- Lacrosse $7,956
- Hockey $7,013
- Baseball/Softball $4,044
- Football $2,739
- Soccer $1,472
- Basketball $1,143
Check out our How to Decorate section for recommendations for decorating uniforms. For additional information and suggested number styles, download our Team Decorator.
Helpful products when decorating football uniforms:
- Pre-Cut Numbers –
- Available in team sets
- On-demand personalization
- Pre-Spaced Text –
- Pre-aligned text ready to apply
- Easy team roster upload for ordering
- Pre-Spaced Numbers –
- Unique number style details
- Pre-aligned single or double-digit numbers
- Cover Sheets –
- Protect your upper platen and jerseys
- Custom CAD-CUT® Logos or Graphic – your logo assembled on a carrier to make placement and heat application quick and easy.
- Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector –
- Protects the lower platen of your heat press
- Easy on/off of garments when dressing the platen
- Easily spin jersey from front to back without taking it off the heat press
- Double Sleeve/Leg Platen – allows you to print onto both sleeves in one application