For a game played on the gridiron you will want to make sure you have the toughest player on the field, and the name of this player is Thermo-FILM®. Get a game plan for the materials and number styles you will use to heat press football uniforms. As always, you will want to be sure of any numbering/uniform regulations.
Football uniforms provide additional decorating areas when compared to other sports. When it comes to numbering football jerseys you have a front and back number as well as shoulder numbers. The number styles for football are typically bold and larger so they can be seen from the stands and officials can identify the player’s position. Varsity is a classic Pre-Cut number style and remains a top selection for football uniforms. Additional Pre-Cut number styles that we suggest for football are Arena, Gridiron and Varsity Lite, which helps when applying to a smaller decorating area on some of today’s football jersey styles.
Additionally, Pre-Spaced foreground numbers can be combined with Pre-Cut number backgrounds to produce a unique number style. For example, Varsity Fade Pre-Spaced number foreground can be applied to a Varsity Pre-Cut number background. Learn more on this Team Effort technique:
- Thermo-FILM® – #1 athletic material in the world, abrasion resistant, available in popular team colors, quick and easy application, will outlast the life of the garment
- Poly-TWILL™ – requires to be sewn, provides professional look, durable/permanent decoration, choose from over 50 colors
- SimStitch® – permanent application with just a heat press, no sewing, simulated zigzag stitch Perma-TWILL® material, saves stitches and time
Here are some stats to get you in the game if you are not decorating football uniforms:
Football is the top participated sport in the US, with more than 1 million high school players and over a million others in youth leagues.
Football ranks 4th in average annual spending of families with children ages 8-18 who play organized sports (highest to lowest). This would include fees for tournaments, club/organizations, equipment, uniforms, practice time, and camps/clinics.
- Lacrosse $7,956
- Hockey $7,013
- Baseball/Softball $4,044
- Football $2,739
- Soccer $1,472
- Basketball $1,143
Check out our How to Decorate section for size recommendations and uniform number regulations for decorating football uniforms from head to toe. For additional information and suggested number styles, download our Team Decorator.
Helpful products when decorating football uniforms:
- Pre-Cut Numbers – cost effective, available in team sets, on-demand personalization
- Pre-Spaced Text – time saver, pre-aligned text ready to apply, easy team roster upload for ordering
- Pre-Spaced Numbers – time saver, unique number style details, pre-aligned single or double- digit numbers
- Cover Sheets – protect your upper platen and jerseys
- Custom CAD-CUT® Logos or Graphic – your logo assembled on a carrier to make placement and heat application quick and easy
- Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector – protects the lower platen of your heat press, easy on/off of garments when dressing the platen, easily spin jersey from front to back without taking it off the heat press
- Double Sleeve/Leg Platen – allows you to print onto both sleeves in one application