Decorated apparel and accessories are everywhere, from T-shirts and sweaters, to pants, bags, and more! No matter where you go, someone is wearing a shirt or item decorated with animals, fun sayings, florals, or trendy graphics—if you can think it, it’s probably printed on a garment for sale at a store near you.
Chances are you’re wondering how these clothes are decorated, and more importantly if this is something YOU can do. The answer is vinyl and YES! As a matter of fact, CAD-CUT® HTV, or heat transfer vinyl, is the easiest and most versatile way to create the trendy graphics you see everyday. So, if you already own a heat press, then you’re one step closer to creating the unique looks your customers want to wear!
Since CAD-CUT HTV is sold in rolls, you’ll need a vinyl cutter to cut your designs before heat application. But, if you don’t own a vinyl cutter, that’s ok! STAHLS’ offers Custom Cut CAD-CUT® Transfers, where you upload your design and we’ll send you a cut, weeded, and ready to apply transfer.
If your head’s not spinning yet, it’s about to be. Because we have so many choices and know there’s a ton of vinyl options out there, here’s a breakdown of some of our top recommended materials and where we think they’ll fit in your apparel decorating business.
Which CAD-CUT HTV Should I Use For…?
Decorating Everyday Fabrics
- Matte finish and soft feel
- Effortless weeding and cutting
- Low application temperature
Adding Special Effect Finishes
- Prismatic effect
- Features a rainbow effect, image shifts as the garment moves
- Shiny, high-gloss finish
*Now available in 6 NEW eye-catching colors: Aqua, Crystal, Multi Rainbow, Fuchsia, Gold Crystal, and Navy.
Creating Designs with Unique Dimension
- Soft and pliable when heat applied
- Smooth, ultra-matte finish
- Best for standard placement and graphics
Extra Visibility in Low-Light Conditions
- Premium colored reflective finish
- Create trendy, high-end designs
- High quality, made with 3M™ Scotchlite™ 5807 Reflective material
- Best choice for decorating bags and jackets
- Semi-matte finish
- Adheres to difficult fabrics like tightly woven and rip stop nylon, satin, or crinkle
Don’t Forget Your Marketing Kit!
Without a doubt, CAD-CUT materials are the best choice for your decorating business. STAHLS’ Marketing Kit has all the heat transfer samples you need to show customers what you’re capable of. It’s jam-packed with HTV samples, but also includes many useful tools such as an HTV Reference Guide and an Application Instructions Wall Chart.
- Ready-to-Apply CAD-CUT® Heat Transfers
- Ready-to-Apply CAD-PRINTZ® Full Color Digital Transfer
- Custom Transfer Pricing Brochure
- Ready-to-Apply Letters & Numbers
- AND SO MUCH MORE!