Fall Sports Uniform Decoration…Are You Ready?
It’s time to get your head in the game for the fall sports busy season. This will provide your heat printing business with time to prepare your uniform offerings and decoration options for your teams. Number styles and the heat transfer material being applied are key components to consider. Of the different fall sports, football, soccer, and volleyball are the ones that should be on your radar.
Fall sports provide a big opportunity for your business. Here’s why:
- Football has over 2 million players across high school, college, and youth leagues and is still the top participated sport in high school.
- High school soccer has gained in participation and ranks fifth with over 440,000 players; this does not include club and recreational teams which remain a huge draw, exceeding 12 million participants.
- Volleyball continues to grow in popularity and ranks second with more than 480,000 participants.
Begin to think of the number styles that you want to offer for each sport. The jersey numbers create the uniforms identity and are an important part to the overall team aesthetics. Shown below are 10 suggested number styles for each fall sport.
Heat Transfer Material/Poly-TWILL™
When decorating uniforms, you want to have confidence that what you are applying will last. It is important to know which fabric you will be applying to, as this will assist you in your heat transfer material selection. The sport itself will also influence your selection.
Football is an aggressive sport with high contact and requires a heat transfer material with durability.
- Thermo-FILM® is the #1 athletic material, as it is abrasion resistant and highly durable. It is still the toughest player on the field and will outlast the life of the garment. It is also available in popular team colors.
- Poly-TWILL™ provides a professional look and requires to be sewn to the jersey. There are additional costs involving sewing, but it provides a permanent, professional look.
- SimStitch® provides an alternative option, as it is made from poly-twill and has a simulated zigzag stitch, only needing to be heat applied for permanent application.
To learn more about decorating football uniforms visit How to Decorate Football Uniforms.
Soccer and volleyball uniforms tend to be made of lightweight performance fabric and have some stretch. Heat applying on these fabrics require a heat transfer material with a low temperature application and soft hand. It is important that you don’t choose a stiff or thicker heat transfer material as it will be uncomfortable for the athlete wearing the jersey. Sublimated polyester uniforms are also popular with these sports which will require a material that blocks dye migration.
- Premium Plus™ offers a low temperature application, soft hand, high stretch and rebound, matte finish, and is available in popular team colors.
- AquaTru™ Dye-Block™ Numbers can be used to decorate the most dye saturated, stretchy, and heat-sensitive uniforms. When creating 2-digit number combinations, the numbers will arrive centrally positioned on the carrier for perfect spacing.
To learn more about decorating soccer uniforms visit How to Decorate Soccer Uniforms.
To learn more about decorating volleyball uniforms visit How to Decorate Volleyball Uniforms.
Adding names to jerseys is easy with time-saving Pre-Spaced Text. Simply upload your roster online and the names arrive pre-aligned on a carrier, ready to heat apply.
Looking for more options to decorate sports jersey? Download the Team Decorator for additional tips and uniform suggestions.
Helpful Hint: Combining Pre-Spaced Text with Pre-Cut Numbers is the most efficient method to personalize jerseys with your heat press.