Many states have been given the green light to open back up and are excited to resume their sports season, starting with America’s favorite pastime: baseball! From little league and school teams, to adult and recreational leagues, over 5 million kids and adults are playing baseball — and they all need jerseys.
Be smart about your next play and get ahead in the game by having a solid plan in place. STAHLS’ offers a variety of decorating methods including athletic heat transfer vinyl, premium no-sew twill, and pre-cut letters and numbers you can quickly apply using only your heat press.
5 Best Practices for Decorating Baseball Jerseys
- Suggested Materials
- Number Styles
- Decorating Methods
- Standard Letter & Numbers Sizes
- Add-On Sales
Athletic wear is constantly changing, and we’re always striving to create innovative materials for sports uniforms. Stay up-to-date with what’s new and on-trend so you can make the best recommendation to your customers.
• CAD-CUT® Thermo-FILM® HTV
• Sewn Poly-TWILL™
• CAD-CUT® Premium Plus™ HTV
• SimStitch® Letters & Numbers
Traditionally baseball jerseys will have rounded, block, or narrow number styles. Choosing several options provides a great opportunity for decorators to not only offer teams new looks but get customers excited about creating their team’s identity and separating them from the competition.
- Pro Block (most popular)
- Team US
- Big League
- Grand Slam
- Home Run
- Swiss Shadow
- Varsity Lite
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of personalizing an entire team’s uniforms with names, numbers, and logos. It can seem overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be. There are several ways to create personalized jerseys quickly and easily at a reasonable cost.
- Pre-Cut Numbers – cost effective, available in team sets, on-demand personalization
- Pre-Spaced Text – time saver, pre-aligned text ready to apply, easy team roster upload for ordering
- Pre-Spaced Numbers – time saver, unique number style details, pre-aligned single or double- digit numbers
- Any Word. Any Way.™ – easy-to-use online designer to create custom script or block text
Standard Letter & Number Sizes
Baseball jerseys have a unique look of their own. It’s important to check with local league administrators for information on decorating regulations before you get started.
- Name – 3″
- Front Number – 4″
- Back Number – 8″
- Name – 2″
- Front Number – 3″
- Back Number – 6″
Beyond uniforms, there are plenty of opportunities to increase profits with add-on sales. Consider offering personalized fan wear, car window stickers, or water bottles so families and fans can show their support.
- Decorate team apparel and accessories beyond the game uniform – get inspiration for customized hats, practice gear, and team bags in our how-to section
- CAD-PRINTZ® Full Color Digital Transfers for Non-Apparel – it’s simple to turn a team logo into a full color decal for bottles, bats, windows, bumpers, helmets, and more
- Personalized fan and spirit wear for parents, siblings, grandparents, and anyone who wants to show support for their favorite player
This information may seem overwhelming, but we have everything you need for a successful decorating season. Check out our handy Cost Breakout Guide to help you choose the best decorating method and build a strategy that works for your business.
Overall, decorating baseball uniforms can be a fun and profitable opportunity if you have the right tools and resources. It’s a great way to show off what your business is capable of without investing in additional equipment. Whether you decorate jerseys for a local school, college or club team, or for the neighborhood rec league, download our free e-book, The Ultimate Guide to Sports Decorating Pricing, for all the information you need to get started.
One thought on “Tips for Decorating Baseball Jerseys”